Our client is currently seeking a Legal Assistant with experience in Insurance Defence. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication, organization and technical skills along with high attention to detail. Flexible attitude with the ability to think outside the box is an asset.
- Perform full clerical, administrative and general office duties.
- Organizes and expedites flow of work.
- Route/answer routine correspondence not requiring the Lawyer's attention and initiates follow-up as required.
- Transcribe and type legal documents.
- Prepare petitions, subpoenas, contracts and other legal documents according to general instructions and/or precedents.
- Communicate with others to schedule appointments and coordinates arrangements for meetings/conferences.
- Act as receptionist for Lawyers. (Screens calls, letters, visitors, and answers routine questions when possible.)
- Handle administrative detail with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
- Update and maintain Lawyer's calendar.
- Prepare documents when needed by Lawyer.
- Process mail.
- Update databases when needed.
- 3 + previous years legal assistant experience is required
- Good keyboard, dicta and/or shorthand skills are required.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Requires working knowledge of department/firm operations.
- Competence in proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of the type of law practiced by Principal, with the ability to do mechanics of same with little instruction.
- Recognizes problems and abnormalities and may exercise judgment to resolve.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Post-secondary education is an asset.
If you believe this is the opportunity for you, please email your resume to us at:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those deemed qualified for this position will be called for interviews regarding this opportunity. If your skills do not match the qualifications of this position, your resume will be considered for other opportunities within your field
Job Areas This Position Involves
Please submit your application to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Slate Personnel Ltd, however, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted
|Wages:||To Be Negotiated