We are currently looking for a legal assistant with strong litigation and family law with some G.P. background. Must be adept at word processing and able to draft pleadings, documents and correspondence from dictation, precedent and on own. The ideal candidate must have a keen eye to detail and be able to produce accurate correspondence and documents in a timely manner. Ability to proofread outgoing documents for accuracy and ensure they comply with legal procedures, as well as ability to access and use online legal resources. Must have good file management.
Should be able to independently draft divorce documents and Minutes of Settlement and be very familiar with all steps in divorce process. Communication skills requisite in order to liaison with legal assistants, other lawyers and clients and update them on file progress.
- Questionings, court dates, JDRs, Pre-Trial Conferences, trial dates and scheduling client meetings
- Searches, drafting documents and registrations with Land Titles and Corporate Registry
- Meeting clients and responding to inquiries
- General administrative duties including entering timesheets and coordinating with billings
- Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures an asset
-3+ years litigation and family law experience in province
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- possess sound judgment and initiative
- be dedicated to providing quality service to clients
- Strong diplomacy required in dealing with clients
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, work independently
- Good problem-solving skills
- Legal Office Administration Certificate
If you believe this is the opportunity for you, please email your resume to us at:
Slate Personnel Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best employees within the industry. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted for an interview.
Job Areas This Position Involves
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Slate Personnel Ltd, however, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted
|Wages:||To Be Negotiated