Labour Employment Legal Assistant
We are currently looking for a Labour/Employment Legal Assistant.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the Rules of Civil Procedure with a strong ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Transcribe dictation and type legal documents, compiling affidavits, drafting routine correspondence.
- Organize and maintain client files.
- Communicate with clients.
- Responsible for administrative duties with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, and billing.
- Perform clerical, administrative and general office duties.
- Filing during downtime.
- Document production and revision.
- Dicta and copy typing.
- Responsible for arranging and coordinating conference calls.
- Handle telephone calls and messages.
- Schedule appointments and meetings.
- Organize, prioritize, and expedite workflow.
- Route and answer correspondence.
- Post-secondary education and minimum 3 years experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform clerical duties with deliberate speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions, and take initiative.
- Self-motivated, cooperative, and enthusiastic.
If you believe this is the opportunity for you, please email your resume to Shannon@slatepersonnel.com .
Slate Personnel Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best employees within the industry. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted for an interview.