Civil Litigation - Legal Assistant (#SH100)
Our client has an opening for a Legal Assistant with Civil Litigation.
The ideal candidate is highly organized with the ability to manage their time and prioritize their work. Excellent attention to detail, self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision. The candidate will be professional and maintain confidentiality and discretion. Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced work environment. Will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organize and expedite the flow of work through the professional's practice, including scheduling appointments, answering phones, making photocopies and scanning
- Accurately draft and prepare legal documents and correspondence with minimal direction, including arranging delivery by mail, fax, courier or email
- Work proactively in the day-to-day support of the professional's practice
- Other general office and administrative duties that may arise, including sharing common jobs with staff of other resident professional law corporations
- An Administrative Assistant or Legal Assistant Certificate/Diploma
- Minimum 5 years experience in the legal field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of and practical experience with legal research databases
- Excellent keyboard skills are required
- Ability to work in a small team environment with a professional demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal and client relation skills
If you believe this is the opportunity for you, please email your resume to Shannon@slatepersonnel.com
Slate Personnel Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best employees within the industry. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted for an interview.